Are you thinking of starting a bakery business? You might be done with baking for your family, friends, and loved ones. Now, it's time for you to start bakery business and utilize your skills to make a successful career with these skills. Bakery businesses are very profitable because people often have a sweet tooth and love for cookies, cakes, Pastries, etc.
To choose the right type of bakery business you need to understand different types of bakery business to decide which one is suitable for you. It is important to choose the right kind of bakery business to have an earning from your talent from the bakery industry. To help you choose the right type of bakery business, read through the guide below.
Different Types of Bakery Businesses:-
The first thing you need to understand is the difference between the two types of bakery business, wholesale or retail bakery. When you choose one between them, it will give clarity about the functioning and budget of your bakery business. Some main differences among the two are:-
Retail VS Wholesale bakeries
Retail bakery- A retail bakery directly sells its products to the customers. It is a storefront bakery where the products like cakes, loaves of bread, biscuits, cookies, etc are kept on display and customers can purchase whatever they want. The bakery owner gets a chance to work on customer service, staffing, and managing the promotion work.
Wholesale bakery- A wholesale bakery sells its products directly to businesses like restaurants, hotels, bakeries, etc. This type of bakery business doesn't have a storefront or products on display. The work is focused on producing wholesale quantities of goods.
Choose your bakery service styles:-
To select your bakery service style, you need to look at the following popular styles of business among bakers:-
- Counter service bakery- A counter service bakery is a sit-down bakery where customers can sit and have baked goods. At the same time, customers can purchase goods from the display section of the retail bakery. The online bakery service has also become popular where people can place their orders and make payments online. It order is directly delivered to their home.
- Food truck bakery- Food truck bakery is a kind of Mobile bakery that sells its products on the go. It involves the use of a truck that can be parked at busy streets, business districts, parks, or other locations to find customers. It sends handheld products like sandwiches, Pastries, patties, rolls, puddings, bread, etc.
- Home bakery- In a home bakery, bakers can bake in the comfort of their home and sell baked goods. Home bakeries can be retail or wholesale bakeries. The cost of a separate shop and its maintenance is saved in-home bakery. However, it is important to under that you require specific permissions to begin a professional home bakery.
- Specialty bakery- A Speciality bakery concentrates on making a specific number of baked goods. For instance, a wedding cake shop will only customize or decorative wedding cakes for customers on their special day. It offers multiple customization options for its specialty.
- Cafe bakery - A Cafe bakery is a Bakery + Cafe. So, it sells beverages like tea, coffee with Pastries, sandwiches, cookies, patties, etc. There can be either table service or self-service. To start a cafe bakery you should know how to prepare unique and new items. A professional course like a diploma in bakery can make you learn the complex skills involved in baking.
Bread shops- Just like its name a bread shop focuses on selling different kinds of Bread like raisin bread, garlic bread, wheat bread, cheese bread, masala bread, and various other kinds of bread. It can be a traditional or a commercial bread shop that serves fresh bread daily. The curriculum in professional courses like Diploma in Bakery includes teaching candidates to prepare more than 20 kinds of bread.
Factor to consider while choosing the right type of bakery business:-
When you plan to start bakery business, you need to consider the types of goods you want to sell. Your bakery service style will depend on your goods, target audiences, baking skills, etc. You need to check and understand these factors to select a type of bakery business from the above-mentioned kinds like:-
Location- It is important to choose the right location for any business. You need to know about the nearby competitors and people around that particular place that can be potential customers. It is important to know whether people are attracted to any other popular bakery in the area or not. The right location can boost profits and ensure timely returns.
Equipment- Pieces of equipment are very important to bake products. The kind of equipment you need depends on the kinds of products you will sell. You need to start bakery business depending on the expense you can invest in purchasing the equipment.
Staff- You need to be certain that what number of skilled professionals you can hire from your budget. For setting up a fully functional bakery, you need bakers, cleaners, helpers, managers, etc. Calculate your expenses and then select the suitable type of bakery business.
License- All kinds of bakery businesses need specific licenses and permissions. The cost of the license depends on your location and type of bakery business. So, make sure how much you can spend on your License and select your business accordingly. Along with a bakery license, the baker also needs a license.
Investment- When you start bakery business, there are multiple kinds of investing like rental cost, salaries, equipment and license costs, etc. Plan your investment and budget before choosing a specific bakery business. You also need to consider your marketing and publicity strategy before you start bakery business.
How a Diploma or Certificate in Bakery can help you build your successful bakery business?
There is various type of baking business in society that sell baked items. To stand out from the crowd and make profits, you need to have top-quality skills to make the best bakery items and satisfy your clients. You must know how to make unique and advanced baked goods so that you get more sales. For this purpose, you should get a professional qualification in bakery.
NFCI (National Finishing and cookery Institute) offers the best bakery courses with advanced-level courses. You can be a highly skilled baker with a Diploma in Bakery and level up your skills for a successful bakery business. You learn from the industry experts in fully equipped modern labs, industrial training, and 100% placement assistance. NFCI also offers an online certificate course in Bakery and Confectionery on its online learning g platform 'theilearning' where you can learn at the comfort of your home.
Start a successful bakery business with a Diploma in bakery from NFCI.