NFCI Amritsar organized the Mango fest for the students of NFCI Amritsar based on Mango theme on 15 th July 2019. Where all the students presented their dishes. Every student was excited to be a part of this fest. We have invited the judges from Hotel Golden Sarovar Portico Mr. Naveen
Sharma (F & B Manager) & Chef Ranvir Kumar (Executive Chef) They checked all the dishes individually and evaluated them on the basis of
Taste, Presentation and Recipe cards and appreciated efforts of the students.
The top 5 shortlisted students selected for finale are:
1. Sandeep Kaur (Soletas Ataugle Burrito)
2. Amarjit Kaur (Mango Quesadillas )
3. Mona (Mango Khandvi)
4. Harshita (Mango Pudding)
5. Lakshay (Mango Tapioca)
Soletas Ataugle Burrito:
|Raw mango||1 no.|
|Mango salsa puree||3 tbsp|
|Refined oil||1 tbsp|
- Take a pan add oil, heat it and add sliced onion & saute it and add salt.add raw mangoes and ladyfinger.
- Now add chilli and turmeric. Mix it well. Cook it till oil comes on top.keep aside and let it cool.
- Now take tortilla apply a spoon of mango salsa puree and apply cooked ladyfinger mixture. Roll it in cylindrical shape.
- Serve with mango salsa puree.
2. Mango Quesadillas:
|Cottage Cheese||2 Cup|
|Mozerella Cheese||3 Tbsp|
|Raw Mango||1 1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Leaves||1 Sprig|
|Green Chilli||3 No.|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 Tsp|
|Chilli Flakes||1 Pinch|
|Refined Oil||1 Tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 Tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 Tbsp|
|Sugar Powder||1 Tsp|
|Sour Cream||1 Cup|
- Take a bowl add the pepper, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese,1/2 cup raw mangoes coriander leaves, green chillies, salt, black pepper & keep aside.
- Mix it well
- Then in a pan saute garlic, onion & add tomatoes. Saute it and add spices and cook .add chopped coriander leaves.
- Fill the sauteed mixture and cheese mixture in tortilla and cook it from both sides. Cut it
- Serve with sour cream.
3. Mango Khandvi
|Gram flour||100 gms|
|Mustard seeds||10 gms|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Turmeric powder||5 gms|
|Red cabbage||100 gms|
|Coriander leaves||4-5 sprigs|
|Lime juice||10 ml|
|Green chillies||2 no.|
- In a bowl add gram flour, curd, salt, turmeric powder & water and mix well.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan add the mixture and stir continuously for 5-6 minutes.in a greased thali spread a very thin layer of the cooked mixture.
- Give it a round shape.
- In another pan add oil heat it then add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies saute it and top on khandvi.
- Cut the mangoes, red cabbage, tomato, mint leaves, lime, coriander leaves, salt mix it well & serve with khandvi.
4. Mango Khandvi
|Vanilla sponge||150 gms|
|Mango custard||200 gms|
|Whipped cream||100 gms|
- In a bowl mix mango custard with whipped cream.
- In a glass bowl make a layer of mango custard cream
- Second layer of vanilla sponge and chopped mangoes.
- Repeat the layers and top it with sliced mangoes. Serve chilled and enjoy.
4. Mango Topica
|Condensed milk||70 ml|
|Fresh milk||500 ml|
|Tapioca pearls(soaked)||1 cup|
|Mango jelly powder||80 gms|
|Mint leaves||1 sprig|
- Rinse tapioca pearls. Dice mango and grind it with cream.
- Add condensed milk and milk and mix them well.
- In a glass add mango cream, milk mixture, pearls
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.